Looking for easy Valentine’s Day art and craft ideas? Well I have you covered in this week’s DIY tutorial…
Dear Valentine’s Day,
If there were any ounce of bitterness still residing in my soul after all of the spiritual clearing I have been doing for years now, I must say…you would certainly be the holiday to evoke it.
All the roses… and the cupids… and …the inevitable let-downs…
Whether in my single years or my married life, you have been nothing but an anti-climax- a let down.
Don’t get me wrong…My husband is a remarkably awesome dude, but he has never bought into your hype.
But in an effort to make this year a little better, I have decided to approach you with more of a playful spirit.
Crafting the bitterness plumb out of me, I decided to have some fun by making this super easy Valentines heart art…
Constructed out of feathers for a Juju hat/boho vibe, I went with neutral colors to match my home’s black/white/beige color palette.
For a more kid-friendly craft, you could certainly use more colorful feathers. Not only was this project budget-friendly, it was insanely easy to do.
So let me show you how I made this Valentine’s Day art…
How to Make Valentine’s Day Heart Art:
- Valentine’s Heart Cut Out (I got mine here)
- One pack of assorted Crafting Feathers
- Mod Podge
- 16×20 Shadow Box (optional)
- Flip the heart cut-out over so that red glitter side is facing down (unless red is what you are going for).
- In small sections, brush Mod Podge onto heart cut out template.
3. Place assorted feathers in a pattern of your preference. I layered feathers on top of each other for added bulk.
4. Clean up the outline of the heart by trimming unruly feathers with scissors.
5. If you would like to elevate the vibe of your Valentine’s art, display in a 16×20 shadow box, once the Mod Podge has dried.
And there you have it, a boho-inspired Valentine’s heart.
I have warned you guys on several occasions that I am not much of a crafter. But sometimes a girl just needs some creative therapy.
Perhaps that is the only way to get thru a holiday as disappointing as Valentine’s.
Can any of you ladies out there relate?
Now get out there and design some good vibes along with a fabulous life!
PS> If you found this post helpful, it would mean the world to this small business if you could share with a friend or on social media. Thank you so much!