Yes friends… you read the title right- today I am sharing an actual recipe for a low-carb favorite of mine which I have informally deemed Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Alfredo.
For those of you who follow me for my interior design and home improvement posts, don’t jump ship on me. I am not turning into a food blogger by any stretch of the imagination, but food and fitness are a huge aspect of my life. If I didn’t keep tabs on my physique, I would probably be obese.
You see, with both pregnancies I gained over 50 lbs. However each time, I was able to lose the baby weight and become leaner than before. So by now, I feel like I have it figured out as it pertains to diet and exercise. With considerable confidence, I have concluded that a major component of my success is eating a low sugar diet. And while I eat complex carbohydrates during the day, for dinner I typically opt for low-carb options.
This recipe is one of my favorite, low-carb comfort foods. Not only is it filling, it tastes like you are eating a “cheat” meal. The key to making this one-pot dish low-carb is trading out standard wheat noodles for zucchini noodles (zoodles). To kick the flavor meter up a notch, I added bacon to this traditional “pasta” dish. I think it keeps the chicken from tasting bland(I am super weird about chicken).
Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Alfredo Recipe
For your convenience, I have included affiliate links. That simply means if you click on one of the links and buy something, I receive a small commission, but don’t worry… you won’t pay a dime more.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 18 oz of zucchini noodles (I use 4-6 zucchini to make the noodles using a noodle-maker like this one)
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 strips of bacon cut into small pieces (this is just enough to add subtle flavor to the chicken)
- salt to taste
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce (I use this one)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional for topping)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add diced garlic and olive oil and saute for 1-3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and bacon pieces and cook thoroughly. Season chicken with salt as needed.
- Once chicken and bacon are cooked, add zucchini noodles, Alfredo Sauce, tomatoes and basil leaves. Cook for around 10 minutes or until zucchini noodles are tender.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
This recipe typically allows for 4 decent-sized servings. In my opinion, this dish tastes even better as a left-over -once the zucchini noodles have had the chance to absorb all of the delicious flavor of the sauce.
Now get out there and design(or cook) some good vibes! Please be sure to also spread the love and Pin….